DOUGLAS B. ROBERTSON, F. C.I.P.
1994-Present CLAIM AND RISK MANAGEMENT SERVICES INC.
· Management of Self-Insured Claims Programs.
· Direct handling of Liability, Automobile and Property claims.
· Complex large loss and litigation management.
· Claims and Risk Management Consulting.
· Auditing of Insurance Claims Departments and Claims Management Programs.
· Development and administration of business plans and objectives
1985-1994 CIGNA INSURANCE COMPANY OF CANADA
Senior Vice President, Claims
· Management of a large national claims department.
· Direct handling of high value/high exposure Liability and Property claims.
· Involved in the overall management process as a member of the Executive Committee.
· Assisting the International Claims division in non-Canadian projects.
· Management of the Latin American Claims Division during senior staff transition.
· Marketing and selling Claims Management services.
1984-1985 PHOENIX-CONTINENTAL MANAGEMENT LTD.
Vice President, Claims
· Management of a staff of 117 claims personnel, Canada wide.
· Direct handling of complex, high exposure losses.
· Assisting senior management in formulating goals and defining the direction of the Claims Division.
1974-1984 PHOENIX ASSURANCE COMPANY OF CANADA
· Management of the claims function in Canada with a staff of 45 people.
· Direct claims handling of the most serious losses.
1962-1974 Progressively more responsible positions from a Junior Underwriter to a Claims Superintendent.
· Fellow of the Insurance Institute of Canada.
· Graduate of Mediation courses from The Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Ontario Inc. and Waterloo University.